Party Wall Surveyors

The Party Wall etc Act 1996 gives homeowners rights to do work to the party wall (shared wall) and when excavating or building close to the boundary line. The main obligations are to tell the neighbour that the work is to be done and to repair any damage that might be caused by the work.

Under the Act the person carrying out the work is known as the Building Owner and the neighbour is known as the Adjoining Owner. We can act for either or both parties to ensure that the provisions of the Party Wall etc Act are complied with.


The Government issues a more detailed 'Explanitory Booklet' about The Party Wall etc Act 1996 which is available free of charge by calling 0870 1226 236 or online at: